You are given the opportunity to make two changes to Radiance Gear. What are the two most important changes you would make?
a) remove the buff from armor and make it a trait. This would allow those of us who want to min/max the options to wear whatever sets we wanted to no matter where we are or what we’re doing
b) continue to provide other options outside of raiding to obtain it. I certainly don’t mean for these to be easy but some quest/grinding/crit craftable, or something that could be done by another means.
How do you feel about the pace of leveling? Is it too fast, too slow, or just right?
Overall I think it feels pretty good but also very dependent on where on the curve you are. For instance, the 60-65 speed was VERY quick as there are tons of quests in Mirkwood that all provide very good XP. Now other areas that aren’t as packed with quests seem slower and harder to level – high 30s for example.
What cosmetic item do you really want, but have never seen in the game?
Aside from cosmetic weapons/shields (which I know will be a ways off) I’d love to see kinship cloaks or custom blankets for you horse.
How do you feel about the itemization (the items, armor, gear, weapons, etc) in Lord of the Rings Online? Please be specific, but brief!
Overall I think there’s now pretty good diversity between all the various options. Certainly I think there could be more options available but at least now there are various options for all classes as you level as opposed to just one. This is especially prevalent and the level cap as with Moria there were desirable 2 armor sets, but now (radiance aside) there are at least 7 comparable sets.
Here’s the text of my response:
You are given the opportunity to make two changes to the Legendary Item System. What are the two most important changes you would make? Please limit your answer to only two changes.
a) Allow for a better progression to the next level cap. Allow us some way to truly “grow” our weapon.
b) other options to gain legacies/bonuses. Either via quests (could be a new class quest line) or through mob/skirmish grinding.
Name two things about the Legendary Item System you enjoy the most.
1. The customization options, ability to tweak as your playstyle demands. Granted, this could be better – but compared to non-LIs it is a big step in the right direction.
2. The feeling of accomplishment in getting the next level, tier, scroll, rune, etc.
A two part question!
Name three things you enjoy most about LOTRO.
1. Look and feel of the world.
2. Class interactions are done really well as there are lots of ways for classes to build off and support each-other. Surely there is the trinity approach, but there are also lots of other ways around it.
3. The epic quest lines. These are great and I really enjoy how you woven our storyline into the main line but still kept them separate.
Name three things you enjoy the least or do not participate in.
1. The social systems in-game. MyLotro is a good start, but the in-game kinship and LFG systems are horrible. I’d love to see an upgrade to both of these, although the LFG system I think really holds people back quite a bit. Some sort of a quest queing option would be great, or the ability to set and see LFG flags server wide would both be good starts.
2. PvMP – I really like the concept, but there are zero rewards other then pride and competition. The armor sets are not exciting and to get them you need to PvE! I’d love to see a revamp where there were armor, weapon, and skill/trait rewards available from PvMP that could (I’d love for them not to be) be limited to the moors only. Dark Ages of Camelot did this REALLY well as they had a really good reward system for their RvR and gave lots of incentives to PvP.
3. Radiance on armor. I don’t mind the gating of raids, I just don’t like the tie to armor sets only. I’d like to see other ways you can get radiance either via crafting, traits, quests, etc. Certainly these other paths shouldn’t be easy by any stretch but I’d like to see some other options like you’ve started with the 3-man options with Lorien and Mirkwood.